When that mid-afternoon slump hits and you need a snack to get you through the rest of the work day, it’s tempting to head to the vending machine and grab a candy bar or chips. But there are healthy snack options at the vending machine that will satisfy that salt or sweet craving but won’t completely sabotage the hard work you’ve put in at the gym. Some snacks even have nutritional fiber and protein, and protein is your best bet for increasing your energy.
Here are 10 top picks when you need a pick-me-up:
1. Planters Sunflower Kernels
2. Baked! Lays Original
3. Sun Chips Original
4. Snyder’s of Hanover Mini Pretzels
5. Smartfood Reduced-Fat Popcorn
6. Peanut M&M’s
7. Fig Newtons
8. Nature Valley Granola Bar, Oats & Honey
9. Planters Honey Roasted Peanuts
10. Quaker Chewy Low-Fat Granola Bar, Chocolate Chunk
Other smart options include 100 percent fruit snacks and even Rice Krispie treats. So don’t fear the vending machines, just make smart snacking choices!